Lawrence E. Henderson, Jr., CPC, PCC
Lawrence is an executive coach and organizational leadership consultant and trainer with over 20 years of experience helping people and organizations attain maximum effectiveness. His background includes working with CEOs and their, C-Suite leadership teams, VPs, directors, senior managers, and boards of directors of small private companies to multi-billion dollar publicly traded organizations.
Lawrence’s background spans active-duty service as a Commissioned Officer in the United States Army to public and private sectors at the Federal, State, and local government levels, manufacturing, telecommunications, technology, nonprofit, construction, and higher education. Since transiting, his service has placed an emphasis on educating and putting real-time development practices in place for his clients. As a Ph.D. level student, studying how leadership impacts retention, employee engagement, and the cultural health of an organization. This has led him to be connected to leadership and coaching think tanks to support and leverage development at all levels. He has supported the development of his clients by building their communication to impact performance which has led them to increased sales and employee engagement. His practical business background as an executive dealing with the complex challenges of running a successful business is blended with his extensive experience as an executive coach and speaker on stages like TEDx. His clients include Fortune 500 organizations that are mature and have a well-defined market share to start-up firms where rapid change and fierce competition are constant companions.
Lawrence has a deep passion around doing Leadership Coaching, Crucial Conversation, and Employee Engagement as a thought partner with the Forbes Coaching Council.
Education and Certifications
Lawrence Henderson holds a Master’s degree in Human Resources with a concentration in organization development and is an ICF Credentialed Professional Certified Coach (PCC), Certified Professional Coach (CPC), iPEC, Certified Professional Coach (CPC), Academy of Creative Coaching, Energy Leadership Index – Master Practitioner (ELI-MP) iPEC, Coaching for Engagement & Performance (CEP), HCI, Certified Independent Coach, Teacher, Trainer, & Speaker, JMT
ADP, Gap, Flex, Verizon, Micron, Zoom, Uber, Facebook, Citi, The Clorox Company, Pfizer, Skanska, Printpack, Facebook, Starbucks, Adobe, Newell Brands, Morehouse College, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Atlanta, CallRail, Census Bureau, U.S. Navy, and Aramark just to name a few.
- C-Level Operations, GM Manufacturing (focus on executive leadership, strategic change management, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion)
- Project Executive, Construction (executive presence, effective communication, and psychological safety)
- VP Public Relations, (focus on effective communication, developing his voice)
- VP, Tax and Compliance (focus executive presence & internal branding)
- Regional General Manager, Home Health Care firm (focus on building a trusting and collaborative environment, communication skills)
- Sr. Director, Global Maintenance & Engineering (transition to new role)
- Director, Strategic Partners (dealing with difficult people, building new global team)
- Director, Design Strategist (building and developing team members)